Digital Immigrant

In one of the discussions for #eme6414, Dr. Dennen introduced a term that I had never before, but I would actually be considered one.  The term is digital immigrant.  Dr. Dennen described digital immigrants as being somene who remembers black and white TV and rotary phones.  Now my family did not have a black and white TV, but my grandparents did.  However, I do remember rotary phones.  I also remember TVs with no remotes and using clothes hangers for antennas for the TV.  My dad still has and 8-track tape player at the house that still works.

Although I do remember all of these, I would consider myself to be somewhat tech savvy.  I love electronics and the latest technology.  I am a member of Team Android though.  I just have not gotten into Apple at this point.

I believe that digital immigrants can be taught how to use and incorporate social media and technology into their every day lives as well as their PLNs.

What are your thoughts on digital immigrants?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Better Late Than Never

Week 3 - Reflection

Two Heads are Better Than One