I need a life preserver...

As I am writing this blog post, I can help but think that I need a life preserver right now.  I have been part of the social media world through Facebook since about 2007.  However, I did NOT know there were soooooo many social media sites out there.

As part of this class, Dr. Dennen gave us six sites to explore this week.  Now admittedly, I am part of three of the six already.  One, Snapchat, I was trying to stay off because that is where my kids are, and honestly I haven't really grasped the concept.  I guess I am too old.  I honestly have NEVER heard of Nuzzle though.

I honestly feel like I am drowning in social media sites right now, and this is only week 2.

Comments

  1. You don't have to try all the tools. Select a few that you wanna try. Don't worry. Be happy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand where you are coming from! But, like the previous poster suggested, it may be good to try just a couple of the tools. Why not skip Nuzzle and focus on Reddit instead? It's an awesome tool and there is a great instructional design community over there... I am actually going to make a blog post about that community later today, so watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echoing what MorningEvening says above -- you do not have to try it all! I have so many on there because (a) some people are already familiar with some and I hope to give them something new to explore; (b) it raises awareness in general and you can go back and try them later if you like.
    Nuzzle is not super well known, but it's kind of nice. Definitely not necessary. Start where you are, and take a manageable approach. As I said in last week's intro Voicethread, this is a buffet and don't let "all you care to eat" turn into "all you can possibly eat if you stuff yourself silly."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Better Late Than Never

Week 3 - Reflection