The Museum of Bookmarks

Museum have all types of different exhibits.  When I looked at the definition of the word curator I found the following:

Curator:  a keeper or custodian of a museum or other collection.

In this week's course work we discussed the concept of curation of bookmarks and tags in social media.  For my personal, and even professional, purposes I have not really had the need to curate bookmarks.  

As I reviewed posts by classmates on the discussion and on their blogs, I realize the benefit to an instructional designer.  Curation allows you to quickly go back to a story or posts that may enhance the learning in a course you are developing.  Over time, an instructional designer may put together a collection of bookmarks and tags that instructinally would rival the artifacts of King Tut.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Better Late Than Never

Week 3 - Reflection

I need a life preserver...