The Museum of Bookmarks

Museum have all types of different exhibits.  When I looked at the definition of the word curator I found the following:

Curator:  a keeper or custodian of a museum or other collection.

In this week's course work we discussed the concept of curation of bookmarks and tags in social media.  For my personal, and even professional, purposes I have not really had the need to curate bookmarks.  

As I reviewed posts by classmates on the discussion and on their blogs, I realize the benefit to an instructional designer.  Curation allows you to quickly go back to a story or posts that may enhance the learning in a course you are developing.  Over time, an instructional designer may put together a collection of bookmarks and tags that instructinally would rival the artifacts of King Tut.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Better Late Than Never

Two Heads are Better Than One

Week 5 - Reflection